I am originally from Japan and moved to Hawai’i in 2002 as a hopeful 17 year old. I fell in love with the colors of Hawai’i and never wanted to leave; I still can’t believe I get to call this place home!
My love for photography started as a young girl. I wanted to be an artist that could tell stories, but I was no good at drawing so I started to use cameras. When I would take my film to be developed, sometimes I would stand at the window of the shop waiting for my prints to be done! That’s the excitement that I still carry with me. My goal for my work is to tell the stories of my clients. I want to hear your stories, and it is my joy to help you create genuine images that tell your story and will be cherished forever!
More facts about me:
1) I love to cook and eat! I cook mostly Japanese dishes at home but I love to learn new recipes.
2) I love watching soccer. I go crazy when the world cup season starts.
3) I have two crazy looking pet chickens name Ana and Elsa.
4) I wake up before my alarm goes off almost every morning, I don’t know why!
5) Camping makes me just as happy as staying at a 5-star hotel.
6) My name is pronounced “mommy” and it used to embarrass me! It means “true beauty” in Japanese, and I now it’s a good reminder to me as I strive to live a beautiful life.